Sunday, September 20, 2009

An unwelcomed ex floats back into my life..

I could write about some cool stuff right now, but I need photos to write about those things otherwise it'd be really boring. I'm way too lazy to use my own laptop, and definitely way too lazy to import pictures from my camera onto my own laptop. That's all too much effort at 2:30 AM, so I'll tell you a funny story about my first serious boyfriend.

For years he's dropped off the face of the Earth. I only saw him once after we broke up, and that was when we finally exchanged belongings a year after the seperation. No one's friends with him that's worth mentioning, no one talks to him that I know of (and I know pretty much everyone in my city's scene), and he never goes out, at least to the places I go which is pretty much everywhere worth going to in Orlando. (Except for shows, but if you're a show whore you're lame anyway.) It's pretty weird, but what do I care, right? I don't, I just think it's funny to think about sometimes.

So today I'm sitting in the movies and I get a Myspace message on my Blackberry. You can see where this is going.
"hey uhh..... you still have my Zelda game for camecube. and i have one of your games that i found in the case for Zelda. so i was wondering if it would be possible for me to stop by sometime and get that."
What the hell? How random is that? Considering all the things we, um, "shared", I think a "How are you?" is at the very least mandatory if we are to speak to each other ever again. Then again though, he did cheat on me with another girl, so that shows you how much respect he really has for me.

To be completely honest, I don't remember having any game of his, otherwise I would have returned it when I returned his ring and Metalocalypse DVD. It's not like I'm hoarding things from ex's for fun memories or anything creepy like that. Plus, even if I did have it, does he really deserve it back? Nope. Does he even need it back? Nah. He's going to be nineteen next month, he should be more worried about a future, not a video game. That's not me just targeting him, that's as a generalization for anyone that's eighteen, almost nineteen. It's time to grow up and stop being a kid, stop being petty over dumb things like video games that can easily be replaced anyway. Life is not just fun and games.
"Nah, think you've gotten enough from me, plus I have no idea what you're talking about or where something like that would even be."
He didn't like that response of course, so he dealt with it with as much maturity he's capable of: he told me okay, that it didn't matter, and to have fun drowning in my own ego. If it doesn't matter, why did you create a Myspace just to pester me over it, only to delete your new page minutes later? Ego? An ego is created by others putting you on a pedestal, I cannot control what other people do with their idea of me. Self esteem is what I can control, and that I lack. So asshole, I won't be drowning. I'm not a great swimmer, but I know how to float~.


(Me and my brother on vacation.)

5 comments:

Nicolette said...

When I was 22, I dated this guy, that my ex used to practice with. It was kinda weird at first, but then i realized, really, they weren't connected. Hadn't been connected in year. I was 17 when they dated, come on! They had each other's equipment, though...and it led to big shit...

You would be the bigger person if you gave the game back. Just say, "Oh, yeah, I have it." And send it back, meet him somewhere, etc...that's all it takes...

You'll get him out of your life. Forget it. He's your ex, seriously.....Someday, when you are thirty, you will see this. Believe me, chicky.

Alexis Voltaire said...

I don't really understand what you mean by the first paragraph of what you said.

As for the game, I seriously don't have any idea of what he's talking about, otherwise I would enjoy nothing more than letting him confront my dad finally to get his precious game back.

Nicolette said...

I think I got distracted and forgot to finish my thought (I was drinking a beer while reading this last night lol). What I meant was, I dated these two guys that were in a band together when I was 17, and years later, when I was 22, the one I was dating at the time remembered the other one had some of his equipment.

He tried to get in touch with my ex, to ask for it back, but the other dude was just really petty about it and said he didn't have it and to leave him alone and stuff. So it became this huge confrontation and if my current (at the time) had just given it back, it would have just been forgotten about.

If you don't have the game, that's fine. I was just saying, sometimes ex's come back in your life for strange reasons. Maybe he was the biggest asshole ever. But MAYBE God sent him your way to see if you had grown enough to accept things and be the bigger person.

See what I'm saying? Maybe he is immature and needs to get on with his life, but he's really the one that needs to decide this and do it, not you. If he wants to be a loser and cry over some stupid video game, let him do it. Don't let it effect you though, because YOU are the bigger person. See what I mean?

Sarah said...

Totally not related to the mass of your blog....
You+me=SWIM LESSONS!!

So if we hang out. Bring something to swim in. Especially if ya plan on going out into the ocean again. Lol.

Soy una "landshark"

Alexis Voltaire said...

Juj- I definitely see what you mean, and I completely agree. Believe me, if I had the game I would have been the bigger person and he would be at home happily playing it right now. There was no way to be a bigger person in this situation, but I definitely wasn't the lesser person by personally attacking him like he tried to do with me.

I like what you said about maybe God bringing him back into my life to teach me another lesson, I've never thought of people being used for more lessons after relationships. I will definitely keep that concept close to heart. :)

Sarah- I definitely will bring my swim suit this week when I come over. :) We need to work out too.. my mom offered to buy me a gym membership, but I told her I want to try out the stuff at your house first to make sure I won't completely die trying or anything during a spin class, lol.

P.S. Every time I swim I think of you being baywatch for me, and that MOVIE Bianca made me watch, Surf's Up, where the penguin bobbles around drowning!! lol! You have to get her to show you!