Saturday, September 26, 2009

End of Summer Survey



Summer of 2009

End of the Summer Survey
Created by insomnisnoctu and taken 1834 times on Bzoink
Basics
Your name?:
Alexis :)
Age?:
I turned 17 this summer!
How many summers have you lived through?:
17, or 16 if you don't count the one I was born during. (My birthday is July 27th)
What are you doing after this summer?:
Getting my permit (passed the test, I'm just waiting for my appointment on Oct 2nd :)), volunteering at Emeritus (already started that), trying to get a job.
When was your favorite summer (what year)?:
This year's, the summer of 2009!
This Summer
Was this summer good?:
Yes it was amazing because I made it so :) I vowed to myself at the beginning of summer that I'd make it the best summer I've ever had. That I'd go out and have fun at every opportunity, and that I'd MAKE opportunities.
Did you work?:
I wish! I applied to over ten places but never got a call back. A lot of jobs in central Florida require you to be 18 (typical) but they also require you to speak Spanish which is DUMB.
If so, where?:
N/A unfortunately
Friends you hung out with?:
All of them :) Mainly Kaffa in the beginning, and Bianca in the latter. I hung out with everyone though.
Any summer love?:
I had a brief period of "on-again" with my most recent ex, but it didn't last. This summer was basically spent being talked to by guys that already had girlfriends. Yup, I attract the LOSERS.
What occupied most of your time?:
Hanging out with my friends and having a ton of fun. :) I did that ALL summer. A big part of my summer was vacation too, and having H1N1.
What did you wish you'd done more of?:
I wish I would have written more about everything that I did honestly. I wrote in my journal during the beginning of summer, but I stopped mid-way through. I started COSA18 a little while later though :) I also wish I would have taken more vitamins, or I might not have gotten H1N1.
Any big accomplishments?:
I picked up a two year medallion at NA! Also, I finally passed my permit test with a perfect score at the very end of summer, but who cares haha. :)
Weird realizations?:
Sure, Epictetus's book "The Art of Living". It's full of realization-provoking speculation, especially the idea that all events are impersonal. It's not events that affect is, it's how we react to them. The other day I had this realization too, "I think everyone but me has known up to this point that I can't get over him and I haven't even admitted to myself that I was interested to begin with. Now though I recognize the constant feeling when my thoughts are clouded of you. Interested is an understatement, but it's not love. Damn you."  (Copied from my Myspace)
Do something you never have before?:
A ton! 1. My mom let me drive her brand new car--WOAH--on the interstate, I got to go up to 80 MPH because it was a low entrance/exit highway. It was illegal because I don't have a permit and it was after my age's "driving curfew", but whatever I didn't get caught lol. I bet a lot of people drive illegally at some point. 2. I got into my first fist fight, with a grown man roughly 275lbs in the presence of Marilyn Manson at Mayhem Festival in Tampa. I won! Haha.  3. On a sadder note, I rode in the back of an ambulance to the hospital for the first, and hopefully the last, time.
Do something you never want to do again?:
I never want to have to get my nose pierced again, lol. I had to get it repierced this summer because the stud fell out while I had a cold. I never want to get H1N1 (Swine Flu) again either!
Summer Media
Read any good books this summer?:
"The Art of Living" by Epictetus and "The Elements of Style" by William Strunk Jr. :)
Did you see any good movies?:
I saw a TON of good movies! I'm going to make write an entry about all the movies I saw this summer soon.
See any movies that you didn't like?:
Ice Age 3 sucked, I was so bored.
Music that defined the happiest moments of this summer?:
"The Fame"!!!
Music that defined the saddest moments of this summer?:
"WOW", "Wight Spider", only because they describe how I feel about love.
Favorite band you were introducted to?:
Lady Gaga!
Favorite song you were introduced to?:
"The Fame" :) and the "Love Game" remix with Manson vocals
Did you watch a lot of television?:
Sort of but not really. I watched my regular shows.
If so, what did you watch primarily?:
Lots of Roseanne, Chelsea Lately, CNN, and The Soup.
Did you pay attention to the news?:
Of COURSE! Just listed that haha.
One of the best things to come of this summer, as far as the media goes?:
Healthcare Reform!!
Summer Experiences
Did you go on a vacation of some kind?:
Sure did! Went to Savannah, GA on the way to Greenville, SC to visit my aunt Sandra, then from Greenville we went to Myrtle Beach, SC for a week, then to Savannah again on the way back to Orlando.
What was the farthest you went from your home this summer?:
Myrtle Beach, SC, I think that's farther than Greenville. Could be wrong though.
Did family/friends from faraway visit?:
No :( We visited them though!
One of the more enjoyable moments of the summer?:
Sitting at the computer all day replying to tons of Facebook comments on my birthday. My mom and I literally sat at the computer ALL DAY (until I went out of course).
One of the worst moments of the summer?:
Fighting with my best friend.
Do anything that you regret doing?:
Honestly, not really
Do anything that you'll gloat about later?:
Driving, haha :D I've already gloated though.
Did you spend more time awake in the nighttime or in the daytime?:
I would say night, but realistically probably the day.
Wrapping up...
Are you typically a summertime person?:
No, but this year I went all out and had as much fun as I could!
Are you looking forward to this next year?:
YES! I'll be 18 so I'm SUPER excited of the trouble I'll be able to get into.. legally ;)
Overall, would you say that you enjoyed your summer?:
I thouroughly enjoyed my summer, yes :)
What was the most memorable part of this summer?:
Getting my two year medallion in front of my family and friends.
Anything you'd like to add?:
I saw Miley Cyrus "in the flesh" on Tybee Island, twenty minutes away from Savannah :)
You've been totally Bzoink*d!
Take This Survey | Search Surveys | Create a Survey


No comments: