Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Eventful Day at OYA

     Today was a pretty great day.

     Made cupcakes with Bianca, caught up a lot, planned for her birthday party Saturday. Saw Oreo's new car, went to OYA, and Kaffa was there! :D Everyone really liked the cupcakes, and thought it was funny they had pigs on them, considering I had swine flu-H1N1 really-a few weeks ago. Also, I am very serious. It was not 100% confirmed, the doctor couldn't tell me for sure at the time of my visit, but I had a 95% chance of having it, so I'm pretty sure that's what it was. It's course was exactly how H1N1 is described as well. However, I am alive and okay, obviously.

     Unfortunately though, not everyone is so lucky. A friend told me today a friend of his just passed away earlier this month from the virus. I hope she rests in peace.

     Having H1N1 really made me think about something. If I were to have died, I would have died feeling like I did not contribute enough to the world to have even deserved to exist. It made me realize I need to start putting things into the world NOW because some, unexpected day it may be too late.
     Although I made light of it with pig sprinkles on the cupcakes, it's very serious, and not a joke. I strongly suggest checking out the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention H1N1 flu site if you are uninformed on the virus. Here's the link: CDC H1N1 Flu | H1N1 Flu and You


     So anyway, enough about that, I went to the UCF 'Equal' group tonight, I believe it was their first night of the new school year. Pretty cool :) I'll probably never get a chance to go back again, but it was neat. :)
     Now here's a picture of me and Bianca from today. :) Time for bed now.

No comments: