Friday, August 21, 2009

Confessions of someone almost 18..

Well, not quite.

     Truth be told, I have 11 months left. 11 months and a few days.

     My 17th birthday was July 27th, but as we all know (if we put in the time to remember), the road to 18 is one quite anticipated from a young age, but quite different once on the path itself. I have discovered that for myself, and discover it more and more everyday. Through the joys and fears, I am on the road to being 18. A legal adult in my country of residence, the United States of America. This means big changes for any 'child' reaching adulthood-for me, it means college, freedom, a car (the latter which I should already have, but that's a different story). The list goes on. Bottom line is: there are no forks left here.

     I'm sure others have written their stories of travel to adulthood, but I'd like to join that number, and remind my elders it's not all easy, it's not all fun. I'd like to remind my juniors it's not all hard, and it's not all pain. There is a natural balance, and I will show it to you.

4 comments:

Empress Jade Vintage said...

Wow! Wish I'd actually managed to stick with journaling my experiences when I was your age. Time flies so fast and before you know it you're in your 30s or 40s and can hardly remember what being 17 was like.

p.s. found your blog on SITS

Alexis Voltaire said...

Exactly why I want to do this! One of the many reasons, you got right on. :) Thanks for stopping by, I'll check out your blog too as soon as I'm done writing a new one!

Lalala said...

I'm officially following your blog, okay? I'm loving it so far :]

Alexis Voltaire said...

Thank you so much! I'm glad you've enjoyed it so far :)