Friday, August 21, 2009

20 Life Lessons I Learned in My 20's: #17

17. It is okay to be angry. It is never okay to be cruel.

(From www.marcandangel.com)



     I could not agree with this more. This is definitely a lesson all adults need to learn, and many do not unfortunately.
     Personally I am still on my journey of completely learning this lesson (if that is even possible). I imagine it comes with my youth. I get angry, I get cruel. I pull out all the stops to hurt my attacker, to make them feel the pain I am feeling (all anger comes from pain-if it doesn't hurt, it can't make you angry).
     However, respectable adults do not intentionally hurt others. Such behavior is often seen as juvenile, and for a good reason (I think I'm coming full circle here in understanding).
     One of the things I'd like to change about myself is to flush all cruelty when arguments arise. Granted, it'll be near impossible to carry that through completely, but I shall do my very best to be a decent human being when I am angry and not lash out at others for the good of myself and my peers.

No comments: