Thursday, April 1, 2010

Thursday's Thoughts - Theme: Ancestors

     Someday, it’s likely I will change my last name to detach from the family I was born into by “chance.” So few that the name belongs to have offered me help that I hardly see how I should keep it. For what genuine honor does any Mullino deserve outside of my father, who supports the idea of a name change?
     I had a conversation with my mother yesterday who proposed that it might be selfish to change my last name. But why? Is it still not my name, although a name someone placed on my head? Who deserves any credit for anything of my social existence, aside from me? If someone gives me something and I take it, that’s not selfishness. And quite frankly, it hasn’t happened too often among my ancestors.

This Week's Theme: Ancestors
“Do well and you will have no need for ancestors.” - Voltaire

“Every king springs from a race of slaves, and every slave had kings among his ancestors.” - Plato

“Some people are your relatives but others are your ancestors, and you choose the ones you want to have as ancestors. You create yourself out of those values.” - Ralph Ellison

2 comments:

DM said...

you little liars do nothing but antagonize...

and you try to eliminate all the dreams and hopes of humanity...


but you LOST...



THE DEATH OF ATH*ISM - SCIENTIFIC PROOF OF GOD


http://engforum.pravda.ru/showthread.php?t=280780




Einstein puts the final nail in the coffin of atheism...


*************************************

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V7vpw4AH8QQ

*************************************



atheists deny their own life element...




LIGHT OR DEATH, ATHEISTS?

********************************
***************************LIGHT*********
************************************

S. L. Boots said...

I never understood why people accuse someone of being selfish as an evil. There are many things which you should be selfish with. Namely, love and your sense of self.

Love is the ultimate selfish act. What you accomplish by changing your name is admitting a love of self. ;) A very important thing to have.

Sometimes things I say don't make sense, just pester me to be more clear. I'll enjoy it, I promise.