Thursday, April 15, 2010

Thursday’s Thoughts - Theme: Strength

     Walking away from the final moment together in the airport, I built to be one of the hardest things I would ever have to do. Something unexplainable mingled, the predetermined pressure didn’t feel like the absolute worst I would endure as of yet. There wasn’t a Little Voice assuring me it would crush me; alone, leaving me crumbled into apprehension instead. Particularly welcomed, no, because I was facing the uncertainties of the unknown.
     After toying with the possibility of the separation only hurting a smidgen, my cockiness was getting ahead of my capabilities before I rightfully earned them, or so I feared. Quizzing my strengths, recalling Epictetus’ Art of Living with hopes of newly unearthed enlightenment previously overlooked, I thought I had found none.


     The time came sexually charged with an expression commonly the opposite of love leading to sick despair. The act wasn’t pushed so far to the brink of desperation, the ultimate loss of a completely physical connection, which I am grateful for. My decision was the healthiest one, for me at least, the one who matters most in my world.
     When the untwining occurred, unraveling stayed astray. I backed away and almost lingered upon a pregnant second while casting my sorrowful gaze back.

     However numerous the scenarios my risk could have manifested, I’m grateful for the daring glance solely with the realization it offered: I wasn’t drowning in the abyss after all.
     Slow, deep breaths would calm my physiology, indomitable will comparable to Zarathustra’s would fuel my mentality if I shoveled fast enough, which leads me to my final prideful gloat: without the lamenting years and recent endeavoring months of preparation, my biceps might not have been worked enough to handle the vast amounts of coal in such a short amount of time required to halt the ship from sinking to depths of the barely survivable sea bottom.


     I’d like to brag the ship didn’t even wobble, because it’s true to not render me immediately an arrogant asshole. I’m honest, proud, and honestly proud when I share how not a single drop of rain splattered onto my waxed deck; the beauty of the day even called for me to sail about aimlessly as opposed to docking at my island of self-deceit only to wallow on my shores of old misery.


This Weeks Theme: Strength
“Strength does not come from physical capacity. It comes from an indomitable will.” - Mahatma Gandhi

“The strongest man in the world is he who stands most alone.” - Henrik Ibsen

“Anyone can give up, its the easiest thing in the world to do. But to hold it together when everyone else would understand if you fell apart, that's true strength.” - Unknown

Comments disabled because of spam bots.