Wednesday, February 24, 2010

A very important note to self:

A very important note to self: Step back and realize your luck now. You know what you've acquired balances what you've lost.

     I am grateful for so many things in life the length of the list varies every day depending on what I can recall. Alone, that is something I am extremely grateful for; to have or perceive so many positive things I cannot remember them all collectively.

As for...
     Today, I am grateful to have met someone who I can share all of my interests with, who also can share all of their interests with me. Creating, thus, stimulating conversation based on outside topics worth discussing. I am grateful this person is as driven, rational, logical, intelligent, humorous, and light-hearted in all the right ways as I am, if he doesn’t actually succeed me. Were he to, I would be all the more grateful, only because I know he wouldn’t ridicule me for being lesser. It is absolute elevation to have met my equal in form of what I desired all along – a creator. 

     Today, I am grateful to be in therapy. I’d survive without it, though I would much rather have the opportunity presented to learn and grow from all the unfamiliar I’m exposed to through its practice so that I may live instead of exist. 
     It’s true that eventually I might be able to understand the horrors of my past and their personal effects on my own, but would the water be too late for my dying blossoms? I don’t dwell on the unimportant answer. 
     Despite all the fun-poking it may cause, therapy is a sort of magical “saving grace,” shining light on my darkness Manson believes - and John 1:5 - would never understand.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Everyone needs some sort of saving grace. It really does not matter what it is, just that it works for you!!!!! ;)*

Alexis Voltaire said...

@ Claudia: As long as it works, yep. :)