Thursday, February 18, 2010

Thursday's Thoughts - Theme: Love

     In honor of Valentine's Day this past Sunday, this week's theme for Thursday's Thoughts is love. Quotes on love are probably one of the highest ranking Google searches, or so I'd imagine, considering all the same quotes that clutter girls' Myspaces, Facebooks, and blogs.
     Personally, I've never been in love. I've loved before, though I question some of my past relationships where I thought I loved someone, but now realize it's likely I was in a sick relationship and confused the abuse for love. Anyhow, my dream has always been to someday meet my "wight spider," my love, my everything, all out of choice. I won't know what forever feels like until it's been forever, I just need someone to show it to me.
     For nearly a year I've envisioned my "perfect love," my wight spider, as my personal interpretation of the illustration of the White Spider of Adar. The illustration of a game monster speaks miles that I cannot even describe. Loosely— I carry light, shrouded like a ghost save my smirk, yet my wight spider remains poised and ready for whatever comes next. We are more than simply a team because we are in love, and I am not leading because I have disadvantages, as does my spider. One without the other is neither until complete.

This Week's Theme: Love
“I was about half in love with her by the time we sat down. That's the thing about girls. Every time they do something pretty... you fall half in love with them, and then you never know where the hell you are. ” - J. D. Salinger
“Love takes off masks that we fear we cannot live without and know we cannot live within. ” - James A. Baldwin
“The worst thing you can do for love is deny it; so when you find that special someone, don't let anyone or anything to get in your way.” - Unsure

2 comments:

S. L. Boots said...

Years ago, when I was but a child (which mysteriously wasn't all that long ago), I often contemplated love and all its manifestations. Actually, I studied it for some time. By now you're probably thinking, if you haven't thought it of me before, that I'm an extremely odd person for having these thoughts at the ages I have and that would be true, but this only occurred because my mother encouraged my mind.

Anyway, I did, at one time, set out a list of the personality of my ideal love. Complete with flaws in behavior and in personality; things that would be most likely attributed to the type of person I most wanted. I'm a realistic idealist, if you understand. I want the good with the bad and I'll call that ideal if I have the good I want. I've never written out this personality because I fear that if I did, I'd lost the wonderful image in my mind. It's almost a painting and I'd rather keep it as that.

As Einstein loved to say: it isn't good, and isn't the truth, unless it can be represented by an image so simple a child can understand it. I paraphrase, of course.

Alexis Voltaire said...

@ Shad B.: "I've never written out this personality because I fear that if I did, I'd lost the wonderful image in my mind." I feel exactly the same way, that feeling is why I am so reluctant to fully describe my "perfect person" to a person asking, or in reply to a thread on a forum. I'll gladly provide details here and there, but all beauty is lost if everything is exposed. I suppose this is one of the few "secrets" I have left.

Very nice quote by the way, however paraphrased.