Thursday, February 4, 2010

Today and what I've done

     Today has been rough. I've done it to myself, I've always done it to myself. Interestingly enough, in the midst of how upset I was I thought, 'Oh hey, why not use the razor I just razored my hair with on myself?' In position I thought with a chuckle, 'This is going to hurt, what the fuck am I doing?' I threw it down, looked back at Pinsky's smiling face and knew he agreed. I'd like to think he's proud of me, even though I was terrified to feed him tonight.

     I'm going to be silly and do this survey, it's such a guilty pleasure. Everything uncrossed is something that applies to me, and I'll be adding notes in blue next to things as well.

Appearance:
I think I'm ugly sometimes. Doesn't everyone think they're ugly at times? Yes.
I have many scars.
I tan easily.
I wish my hair was a different color. I want it blonder, my hair is a work in progress. My goal is blonde like John 5's and cut like Pink's with black undertones.
I have friends who have never seen my natural hair color. My hair hasn't been its natural color for five years, wow.
I have a tattoo.
I am self-conscious about my appearance.
I have/I've got braces.
I'd get plastic surgery if it were 100% safe, free, scar-free. I don't want to change anything, I love my body. I could be toner though, but that's within my control.
I've been told I'm attractive by a complete stranger.
I have more than 2 piercings.
I have piercings in places besides my ears.

Family/Home Life:
I've sworn at my parents. Just words, they agree for the most part. What would hurt the most is the malice behind them, not the words themselves.
I've been kicked out of the house.
My biological parents are together. No, but they were just in court yesterday because one of them is a deadbeat!
I have a sibling less than one year old.
I want to have kids someday.
I have children.

Embarrassment:
Slipped out a "lol" in a spoken conversation. That's not embarrassing at all, I encourage lulz-speak.
Some Disney movies still make me cry. I cry at most movies and television if alone.
I've snorted while laughing. Everyone has.
I've laughed so hard I've cried. I've laughed so hard I've crumbled to the ground in hysterics in a Best Buy parking lot.
I've glued my hand to something.
I've laughed till some kind of beverage came out of my nose.
I've had my trousers rip in public.

Health:
I was born with a disease/impairment. It's possible my cataracts are from birth, but I don't know yet.
I've had stitches.
I've broken a bone.
I've had my tonsils removed. They need to be.
I've sat in a doctor's office with a friend. What a random question.
I've had my wisdom teeth removed. These also need to be.
I've had a serious surgery.
I've been in hospital for over a week.
I've had chicken pox.

Traveling:
I've driven over 200 miles in one day. Gainesville was my first long trip driving.
I've been on a plane.
I've been to Canada.
I've been to Australia.
I've been to Japan.

I've been to America. I live in the United States.
I've been to England.
I've been to Africa.
I've been to Spain.

Experiences:
I've been lost in my city. Generally? Sure. I got lost on the way here, hell. (I'm at Stardust right now.) Sort of. Downtown though, no.
I've seen a shooting star.
I've wished on a shooting star. I only saw one once, I had to give it a shot.
I've seen a meteor shower. I wish. I need to get my happy ass to Nay's front yard next time.
I've thought I seen a comet. Good grammar is gud.
I've gone out in public in my pajamas. Yeah, but it's a bit risky.
I've pushed all the buttons on an elevator. I think I'm going to do this soon now.
I've been skydiving.
I've gone skinny dipping.
I've played spin the bottle.
I've crashed a car.
I've been skiing.
I've been in a play.
I've met someone in person from the internet. You caught me.
I've caught a snowflake on my tongue. I've never seen snow.
I've seen the Northern Lights.
I've sat on a roof top at night.
I've played chicken. I love that game!!
I've played a prank on someone.
I've ridden in a taxi.
I've eaten sushi.
I've been snowboarding.

Relationships:
I'm single.
I'm in a relationship.
I'm engaged.
I'm married.
I'm seeing someone.
I've gone on a blind date.
I miss someone right now.
I have a fear of abandonment. It's not something I'm proud of, but what can you do.
I've been divorced.
I've had feelings for someone who didn't have them back.
I've told someone I liked them when I didn't.
I've told someone I didn't like them when I did. Sometimes it's for the best if you don't want to be in a relationship.
I've kept something from a past relationship. No, but an ex did return something that I kept for a while, semi-threw away, and then brought back out again. Its a necklace and was originally mine. I'm wearing it now in fact.

Honesty/Crime:
I've done something I promised someone else I wouldn't. Hollow promise.
I've done something I promised myself I wouldn't. I'm sure I have, I can't think of what though.
I am keeping a secret from someone. I don't have any secrets.
I've cheated while playing a game.
I've run a red light. No, even though my dad thinks that if the light turns yellow while turning in the middle of an intersection, you've just run a red light and need to be scolded for it. Haha.
I've been suspended from school. Haaaaaaaa.
I've witnessed a crime.
I've been in a fight. Once, ever. I've been hit several times, but the first time I fought back was in front of Marilyn Manson at Mayhem Festival so it was pretty thug and pretty worth it. It was a big guy too.
I've been arrested. I'm not sure, don't think so. I've been cuffed and in the back of a sheriff's car though.

4 comments:

Trixie Racer said...

Thanks. I took the quiz and posted my results here: http://trixieracer-quizes.blogspot.com/2010/02/silly-quiz-from-cosa18.html

That was fun. :)

Anonymous said...

(Now, before I get onto actually commenting, this is a rather random appearance by myself that has absolutely no warrant---except for desiring a bit of change, so here I am---and you were on a blog roll of someone else's I occassionally visit).

"I don't have any secrets."

Then, my dear, you should obtain some! It is such a shallow life to not have any secrets from others. I forget where I read this from, actually, but I know it isn't an original idea that I'm spouting.

Secrets are a large part of human existence; this ability to keep things from others for whatever motivation; this insecurity we have with ourselves over our thoughts, our ideas, dreams and behaviors. Having secrets is what keeps an imagination lively. It keeps life, in general, wonderfully mysterious for we will truly know a person.

Anonymous said...

Correction: "It keeps life, in general, wonderfully mysterious for we will never truly know a person."

Alexis Voltaire said...

@ Trixie Racer: Nice! I like how you simplified it by not doing the cross-outs, I wish I had thought of that too. I'd comment, but it appears I cannot, unless I'm missing the link on the page. (Wouldn't put it past me, haha.)

@ shadb: Thank you for checking out my website and leaving a comment! (Two!)

I hadn't thought about secrets in the way you mentioned, or perhaps I've just been enlightened by what you've said. Now I realize that I do have secrets that suffice my need for them, they're just not the common form of a secret. For me, things that would typically be a secret like who I am interested in, my dark past, etc., are the things that aren't. Yet I have other secrets. As a generalization, my secrets are various smaller pilot lights surrounding the mother of all lamps. There's no need to keep them within at all, I just do. I hadn't even considered why until now. They're simply something personal, something just for me to know of and believe in without outside comment. They do keep my imagination very much alive as there's nothing to assist in me reluctantly destroying them. That's the connection I made with your comment and my train of thought. Thank you. :)