Thursday, January 7, 2010

Thursday's Thoughts - Theme: Becoming

     I haven't forgotten about this, so no worries. I slacked hardcore, but this is part of my collection of resolutions for 2010. This will be posted every week unless something really ridiculous occurs, I promise!


This Week's Theme: Becoming
"If you bring forth that which is within you, what you bring forth will save you. If you do not bring forth that which is within you, what you do not bring forth will destroy you." - Jesus Christ from the Gospel of Thomas
“What is to give light must endure burning.” - Viktor Frankl
"The most beautiful people we have known are those who have known defeat, known suffering, known struggle, known loss, and have found their way out of the depths. These persons have an appreciation, a sensitivity and an understanding of life that fills them with compassion, gentleness, and a deep loving concern. Beautiful people do not just happen."  - Elisabeth Kubler-Ross

     I borrowed these quotes from "Becoming", a blog authored by Dr. Joanne Cacciatore, PhD. She is the founder and CEO of MISS Foundation, and is a professor and researcher at Arizona State University. I didn't take the theme name from her blog, but I realized that all the quotes listed on her blog—probably over a hundred, easily—are all based around becoming something, but not just anything. We must become what we are meant to be. Dr. Cacciatore is inspirational, especially to someone like me.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

I really like the third quote! Stopping by from SITS!

Unknown said...

Wonder! I agree totally, mostly with # 3. It really says what life is all about. And you are heading in that direction. Hang in there, plenty of life to live, and time to grow!!!

starcakeastrology.blogspot.com said...

I totally love this quotes! The Kubler-Ross quote is very very very true!

Alexis Voltaire said...

@ JDaniel4's Mom: Great to see you! :) I love that quote too, but I couldn't pick a favorite.

@ kissafrog69: Seems like #3 is a popular one. :) I'm glad others think I am heading in that direction, I'd love to, especially considering the last line of the third quote.

Alexis Voltaire said...

@ starcakeastrology.blogspot.com: Glad you like them!