Friday, October 9, 2009

Lost in gravity.



     I haven't been "here" often, and I think that's my biggest problem. I've just been in my head. Sure, physically I've been existing and acting as a part of daily society doing day-to-day activities with the rest of the world, but regardless, for a while I haven't been majorly immersed in the events taking place around me. "I am a part of all I have seen", but how big of a part have I played? Lately, hardly a role at all, and the disappointment isn't even accountable for blame.

     Perhaps if I start forcing myself into the role of the biggest star--I am a Leo after all--I won't be let down as often. I won't feel compelled to complain on a near daily basis about always being "second favored" in people's opinions. I know I will never possess the ability to change people's minds on whim, but if presenting ideas to be adopted won't work, I'll force myself into the place I want to be.

     And that is exactly what I'm going to do.


"Criticism is easily avoided by saying nothing, doing nothing, and being nothing." - Aristotle 

"Love yourself first and everything else falls into line. You really have to love yourself to get anything done in this world." - Lucille Ball 

"Take care of the luxuries and the necessities will take care of themselves." - Dorothy Parker 

"How many cares one loses when one decides not to be something but to be someone." - Coco Chanel 

3 comments:

Nicolette said...

I've taken myself out of "life" before. I've taken myself out of the spotlight, away from society, and away from my life, in general. I was just a being, existing, but not living. It was called "depression". I still go through it sometimes. It hits hard.

But then, I realize, I need to want to be myself. If I can't be myself and like it, then how am I ever going to continue my journey? As long as I am number one to me, nothing else matters. Not even being second place to someone else.

You know who you are. You just gotta find it.

Sarah said...

Trust me honey. Your lack of being here has been noted. I've missed you. I really hope that you're still coming tomorrow and that I will get to see you... I love you lots Alexis!!!!

Alexis Voltaire said...

Juj, I don't feel like I have the right to classify this as being depressed, but that might be only because I've gone through some pretty horrible things and I consider THAT depression, if anything.

I will be there tomorrow Sarah, ily2 :)