Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Life in the Fast Lane

     I'm rarely asked questions that have personal significance. It's always very flattering that someone cares enough about me to inquire about something other than self mutilation, local drama, or what event I'm going to be at next. While those topics are wonderful to casually converse about, that doesn't express that the questioner cares about anything deeper than the subject matter. I always strive take the opportunity of a great question having been asked to come up with a well thought-out response.

     "If you could be doing anything right now, what would you be doing?" A fairly basic question, and an answer lacking effort would be one of life's many simple joys. "Sleeping", "eating Chinese", or "riding a roller coaster" are all examples of answers that clearly show that little thought had been put into them.

     When asked this tonight, something very specific instantly filled my head with wishful visions. During this leg of my journey of turning eighteen, a lot of things are changing around me and within me. Such events have placed me into a constant, thought-progressive spot deep within an unexplored area of my mind. At a healthy pace, I'm working on digging my way back out and into a normal state. All is part of the process of experiencing, suffering, and most importantly learning from things that will assist me in transforming myself into a productive adult, when that time comes.

     Speeding through the softly building-illuminated streets of New York City in a white Maserati, is where I would be at this very moment. No other cars around, just me driving and a man who's company I enjoy next to me, with his hand resting on my thigh in a friendly manner. I don't want to love him; that just complicates things. My thoughts would be diverted to my love for him, and that's not part of my perfect vision. No, I just want interest with the tighter grip on the leash. My thoughts can focus on the night, on me, and on my aspirations. Like everything connected to me, he is a personal accessory, and I am just taking him along for the ride.



"Those who shall be a lamp unto themselves...they shall reach the topmost height." - Buddha

3 comments:

Sarah said...

I thought considering what you blogged about you might like to see this (if you haven't already)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aQk30nYUOAw

Nicolette said...

That is a really, really, REALLY great question...And there's a million different answers for each individual, I'm sure. We all want to be somewhere else at least ten times a day. I wouldn't mind visiting New York, in the fall. :) Sounds like you really imagined it.

I would just like to be in Michigan in my hometown, with my family, holding my newborn niece and sitting next to my toddler nephew. :) That would be a perfect moment for me.

Alexis Voltaire said...

Sarah, I still need to check out that link. I've clicked it, but I didn't have time to watch it. I enjoyed the concept, I'll definitely watch it tonight or tomorrow. <3 Love you~!

I hope you get to see your family sometime soon Juj :)