Thursday, March 11, 2010

Thursday's Thoughts - Theme: Tightropes

     Since reading Thus Spoke Zarathustra last month, I’ve been captivated by the concept of man as a tightrope. It floods my senses on a constant basis, the vision of men dancing across ropes is something I can’t dispel.
     I’ve taken to “heart” what Nietzsche has shared with the still-man standing. Nietzsche has inspired me to shove myself in the direction I previously misunderstood, though so longingly desired.
     I squandered about the grounds ravenously, scouring for growing seeds to ride past the mountaintops. I denied that I wasn’t going to someday randomly mount a beanstalk, no matter how long I raped the world.

     The tightrope has strung itself across my recent work, though the majority of it I haven’t yet shared on COSA18. It’s encryption into my brain will become clearer and clearer as time goes on. Some truths you just cannot shake.

     Zarathustra, however, beheld the people and was amazed. Then he spoke thus:
     “Man is a rope, tied between beast and overman—a rope over an abyss. A dangerous across, a dangerous on-the-way, a dangerous looking-back, a dangerous shuddering and stopping.
     “What is great in man is that he is a bridge and not an end: what can be loved in man is that he is an overture and a going under.
     “I love those who do not know how to live, except by going under, for they are those who cross over.
- Thus Spoke Zarathustra

This Week's Theme: Tightropes
“The leader can never close the gap between himself and the group. If he does, he is no longer what he must be. He must walk a tightrope between the consent he must win and the control he must exert.” - Vince Lombardi

“In this day and time, with no competition you are really walking a tightrope. I mean you may think that no competition is good, but in reality no competition is really bad.” - Jerry Lawler

“Being on the tightrope is living; everything else is waiting.” - Karl Wallenda

No comments: