Monday, March 8, 2010

My Exceptional List

     I am in an exceptional mood today. For the first time in months, I slept in until twelve, I completed my day’s workload over an hour ago, and I’m probably going to the beach tomorrow with one of my closest friends from middle school. Maybe I’m just on an Adderall high, who knows, it definitely wouldn’t be the first or the second time. Frankly, I don’t even care. I’m thrilled about a lot of things right now.

  • In less than a month Becky and I will be picking up Jonathan and Ryan from the airport for crazy Orlando adventures, video making, and hotel bathtubbing. Babalon meet-up, say what?
  • Yesterday, my dad bought me a solar system kit that I’m going to construct today or sometime soon. I finally get to claim that childhood experience. He also shared with me a German book containing really neat science experiments.
  • I’ve written a plethora of beautiful metaphors in my “ground zero” notebook that I’m excited to share with everyone.
  • I’m undeniably, irresistibly, in love, even if I didn’t want to be.
  • Animal Farm (1999) will be arriving tomorrow from Netflix.
  • Jonathan’s birthday gifts are in the mail (claims my email from Amazon). I’m excited to wrap them, other secret stuff, “etc.”
  • Ryan made me a bad ass signature (full size) for Babalon that has Darwin in it, and one of my favorite, personally held, quotes by Viktor Frankl.
  • I’m still laughing at this part of “Expelled: No Intelligence Allowed” that I watched the other night: “Life on Earth might have been created by lightning, or whatever it was…” Hahahaha! Or whatever it was!?
  • My dad is taking me bathing suit shopping tonight. I haven’t felt confident enough to wear a proper bathing suit in over eight years.
  • I’m backlogged in emails and comments about COSA18, and although stressful at times because of how guilt-ridden I grow for not responding to everything quickly, I’m proud that people are getting something out of my writing, and that from simply reading my blog, they feel comfortable enough with me to trust me with their personal, innermost thoughts for me to forever cherish. Thanks you guys. I may be a one man wolf pack, but I cannot get over you fellow wolves.

    3 comments:

    Unknown said...

    I am glad you are feeling so well! Hope you have a great time. I am having a really bummy day, so we make a good balance. LOL Really, I am glad you are having a great day and may you have many, many more!!!!!

    Alexis Voltaire said...

    @ Claudia: Thank you :)

    Anonymous said...

    Man, really want to know how can you be that smart, lol...great read, thanks.