Sunday, July 5, 2009

I..

(Originally written on July 5th, 2009. Posted to COSA18 on September 15th, 2009.)

..cannot trust you. You are too far away and you lie to me about everything, even little things. It reminds me of someone I know, but the comparison would be unfair. Regardless, I cannot take your lies, and they don't work well in your favor considering the distance they would have to travel.

I may be mind over heart, but I am okay with that, I have been for a very long time. I'm sincerely sorry if you are not, but I think one day you'll understand my reasoning. I'm not a robot, I'm not guarding myself for any reasons requiring a therapist, it's simply not an issue to me. I just feel that everyone else is wrong, and I am right (in this situation). There is a time and place for being heart over mind, but this is not that time or place. Therefor, there is a place for the vice verse.


You'll thank me for not ruining your life.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It does not seem that your life has been ruined. What has happened in your life has given you a driven purpose, and that is the best thing that could have ever happened to you. Your life is so important to you as to many others to whom you have helped and will help in the future. I feel your life, as everyones, is a journey and will continue until it is our time to leave this physical world. Then your (and everyone) will leave a legecy for others to look upon and will be helped.

Alexis Voltaire said...

Anonymous, I'm not quite sure if you understand or not. This isn't written to me, it's written by me to someone else. I never claimed my life was ruined, unless you're just throwing that out there.

I agree with what you said about what has happened in my life giving my the drive I need. I wouldn't say it's the best thing that's ever happened to me personally, but definitely the best thing that could have happened to me so I can benefit the world with better abilities.

I have to disagree with you on one thing though, and that is that I do not believe everyone leaves behind a legacy. There are so many types of people that exist solely on sucking the world's many resources dry for 80-90 years, and then just die without ever having given back. They are only beneficial to society in the sense that they give the saints someone to help, but I suppose that does make everyone crucial in a small way. Still, I don't think that's legacy leaving. /shrug