Sunday, May 2, 2010

20 Questions You Should Ask Yourself Every Sunday


1. What did I learn last week?
I learned how to recognize the appreciation around me, and to let it envelop me.

2. What was my greatest accomplishment over the past week?
My “Wheeling Weak Week” series I’ve been working on and publishing to COSA18, and applying for a lot of jobs.

3. Which moment from last week was the most memorable and why?
It was a bad moment I don’t want to publicly reflect on, that’s why it was most memorable.

4. Whats the #1 thing I need to accomplish this week?
Applying for more jobs.

5. What can I do right now to make the week less stressful?
Prepare the Monday’s Excerpts and Thursday’s Thoughts so I don’t have to write them up on their respective days in a stressful, anxious frenzy.

6. What have I struggled with in the past that might also affect the upcoming week?
This last week especially I have struggled with events from my past affecting my present day. What I can do to make this better in the upcoming week is to continue working on pushing through it with an indomitable will of strength.

7. What was last weeks biggest time sink?
Sleeping in.

8. Am I carrying any excess baggage into the week that can be dropped?
Irritation with others over things I know they will not change and laundry. I should do the latter tonight before bed.

9. What have I been avoiding that needs to get done?
Laundry, haha.

10. What opportunities are still on the table?
Finishing A Lover’s Discourse.

11. Is there anyone Ive been meaning to talk to?
Nope, I’ve spoken to a few people this past week that I haven’t in a while, but have wanted to.

12. Is there anyone that deserves a big Thank You?
Yes, and he has received accordingly with my capabilities… yet, I still feel as if I should stretch myself into more matter.

13. How can I help someone else this coming week?
I can communicate with others better so they feel more appreciated by me. Also, I can research some things that Jonathan asked me to look up a few weeks ago that I keep forgetting about.

14. What are my top 3 goals for the next 3 years?
College, job, car.

15. Have any of my recent actions moved me closer to my goals?
I study everyday in preparation of college, I’ve applied to quite a few jobs recently and haven’t stopped yet, and the aforementioned will lead me towards owning a car.

16. Whats the next step for each goal?
College—enrolling once I turn eighteen. Job/car—keep seeking employment.

17. What am I looking forward to during the upcoming week?
Nothing out of the ordinary, I should schedule something exciting.

18. What are my fears?
Giving up on my dreams by some ridiculous justification and the unknown.

19. What am I most grateful for?
Having someone who understands and appreciates so many aspects of me, especially now when I “need” it the most… I have many difficulties coming in my near future, and I’m scared.

20. If I knew I only had one week to live, who would I spend my time with?
I would split the majority of my time between my younger brother and Jonathan, I haven’t had enough time with either of them to be satisfied if life were to end.

2 comments:

S. L. Boots said...

So how have you enjoyed the book? I've taken my time with it (mainly because of the amount of other work I've had but also because I wish to relish in his descriptions for personal reasons).

Good luck on your endeavors.

Alexis Voltaire said...

@ Shad B.: I enjoyed it, yes. It was slow at parts, but I think that's just because I couldn't relate to everything.