Tuesday, June 1, 2010

My Worries Over Studying

 
     I’m exhausted already and it’s not even 5PM. I really hope all this studying is worth it, how could it not be though? I worry sometimes that I’m not studying the right subjects, or perhaps I’m focusing too much on subjects that aren’t the most crucial for me to be most knowledgeable on.
     I think my problem is that I always want something to worry about, haha. I’m done, back to studying.

     Also, I think now would be a great time to mention that as of beginning and finishing Go Ask Alice this morning, I have read forty-five books in the year 2010. I am so proud of myself already, yet I am more proud of recognizing that it’s not enough just yet.

2 comments:

Trixie Racer said...

"What worries you masters you"

I needed that reminder. Thank you. Today I let someone else freak me out. Once upon a time that was my norm, but not anymore. Today was an exception. I know I cannot control anyone else's actions and shouldn't own their worry.

Alexis Voltaire said...

@ Trixie Racer: Exactly. I think a book that might help you further is The Art of Living by Epictetus. "I know I cannot control anyone else's actions and shouldn't own their worry." is something he covers so often within its pages.